Tuesday, October 17, 2017

A note, and poem, from Poet

Well, people, it's been a long time since my last post. But Bryce gave me permission to peek in, so I thought I would catch you up on what I have been up to. I've really been working on the formals, and am pretty close to having a chapbook filled with nothing but sonnets, sestinas, haiku, ballads, and the like. For tonight, in the spirit of night itself, I'll post this pantoum. Quite the elusive and taxing form, but great fun nonetheless. I hope everyone is well, and as always, healthy nouns and verbs to all!


Sleepwalkers


Rising from white linen architectures,
Silent pilgrims pace these same paths, starlit
Pawns of God's nocturnal folly. Figures
Tracing constellations in the carpet,

Silent pilgrims pace these same paths, starlit
Journeys reproduced by rote. Tonight they're
Tracing constellations in the carpet,
Destinations met with a traveler's

Journey reproduced by rote. Tonight their
Faith is rewarded through reaching extraordinary
Destinations. Met with a traveler's 
Moon, their faces float like luminaries.

Faith is rewarded through reaching. Extraordinary
Pawns of God's nocturnal folly, figured
Moon faces float like luminaries
Rising from white linen architectures.

~~ Poet


No comments:

Post a Comment